Nature Explore Trainings
The Outdoor Classroom Project is the West Coast representative for Nature Explore program, our collaborating partner with its main office in Lincoln, Nebraska. In this function, we conduct Nature Explore’s Workshops, either at our model site, the Child Educational Center (CEC), or at any center requesting a workshop.
Nature Explore workshops are designed to introduce and offer in-depth training on the latest field-tested, age-appropriate methods for reconnecting young children to nature. If you work in any way with preschool or elementary children, this is your opportunity to become more effective at facilitating vital, meaningful experiences in the outdoors that will benefit young people throughout their lives.
Below are the workshops currently offered by Nature Explore. You can find detailed descriptions of each workshop on Nature Explore’s website.
- Learning with Nature
- We Dig Dirt: Supporting Infants and Toddlers in Outdoor Classrooms
- Wonder-Filled Beginnings
- The Importance of Visual-Spacial Learning
- Moving to Learn
- Music and Nature
- Choosing Effective Indoor and Outdoor Materials
- The Arts and Nature
- Developing Observation Skills
- Nature-Inspired Indoor Environments
- Heart-Centered Teaching Inspired by Nature