This valuable Guide explains the ideas behind the Outdoor Classroom and outlines a general approach that every center can follow for developing the Outdoor Classroom in a way that is best suited for you and your program.
- Provides an extended description of the Outdoor Classroom and describes key elements of the environment and how to bring activities outdoors.
- Includes examples of an Outdoor Classroom – its program, physical environment, activities, equipment and materials.
- Explains how teachers can most effectively work with children while outdoors.
- Articulates the philosophy of the Outdoor Classroom and an explanation of the importance of child development theory and the elements of that theory that are important to the Outdoor Classroom.
- Provides a description of recent research that supports the value of the Outdoor Classroom.
Required reading for Outdoor Classroom Specialist Level I Training.
Available in English and Spanish. $19.99